Ever since I got my hands on Bill Ohanlon’s A Guide To Trance Land, I fell in love with his work. Primarily his approach to solution oriented work. In a nutshell, solution oriented therapies focus on finding solutions, rather than solving problems.
It’s often seen as a radical approach.
Recently I had the chance to interview Bill Ohanlon. Aside from being a swell guy, he’s also a trailblazer in the hypnosis world.
Have fun digging into this interview.
Please share the love by jumping on the email list…you’ll get instant access to all the newest interviews.
Want to check the Solution oriented hypnosis interview on Youtube?
- Why the Milton Erickson foundation BANNED him from speaking at their conference for ALMOST 20 years! 7:42
- Discover the exact question you can ask yourself (or any client) to uncover the step-by-step actions you need to take…to solve damn near any problem! 29:37
- Watch Bill light up when I give him my description of a solution oriented trance…(“that was one of the best descriptions of a solution oriented trance“) 30:47
- The single best question to help you create “fertile soil” for a solution oriented self hypnosis trance 27:23
- Discover what Bill and I have in common (besides are charming wit and good looks)…(hint: it has to do with being black balled by the Erickson foundation) 7:20
- Hypnosis is all about suggestions, right? WRONG! Discover why Bill threw the idea of delivering suggestions in the trash a long time ago…(it’s not about suggestions, its about this) 11:05
- Bill talks about the phone call from Milton Erickson in 1977 that changed the direction of his life forever 2:34
- Uncover the exact reason Bill chose to study with Bandler & Grinder BEFORE he studied with Milton Erickson 4:10
- A powerful “roadmap” he unleashed on the world in 2009 that is a goldmine to any hypnosis practitioner…it lays everything on the line in regards to “trance logic” 8:20
- Get a front row seat as Bill sends me tripping head over heels into trance…just by telling a story about Milton Erickson’s wife 35:51
- The 4 wickedly effective ways to send yourself into a trance deeper than Donald Trump’s pockets 37:14
- The exact moment I discovered what people mean when they say “the unconscious can’t tell the difference between a real and imagined event”…and the exact steps I used to get there 41:27
- What caused Bill to become a “psychotically optimistic” hypnotist in regards to a person’s ability to change 43:49
- And finally…Discover why a therapist slapped a label of PTSD on him…and why this has caused him to reduce his training to once a year (this is a good thing) 34:47